There are various reasons why foreign workers are chosen by Company. Due to the lack of local experts in the special field to the emergency condition, therefore the Company hire the foreign workers to resolve that emergency condition.
As previously discussed (Get your IMTA Now!), any company who intends to hire foreign workers needs to obtain a license in its use by obtaining a Foreign Employment Use Plan (RPTKA) and an Employment Permit (IMTA). IMTA is a written permission granted by a minister or an appointed official to an employer of TKA.
In obtaining Work Permit or commonly called IMTA will be approved by Minsitry of Manpower. Similarly, for those who want to renew RPTKA, all processes can be done by online and IMTA will be issued within 3 (three) working days once all the requirements have been met and submitted.
You may apply for IMTA by online using a company account that has been registered at www.tka-online.naker.go.id to get IMTA application barcode number and billing code for Foreign Workers’ Compensation Use Fund (“DKPTKA”) Payment.
Then, make DKPTK payment in perception bank (BNI / BRI / Mandiri). After that, Ministry of Manpower will verify your IMTA application. Once the Ministry of Manpower has approved, the IMTA will be issued accordingly.
These following are administrative requirements for the extension of IMTA (with the enforcement of previous 12-month work permit):
- Fill out an IMTA application form signed by the director over Indonesian duty stamp Rp 6.000, – and the company’s stamp;
- Reasons for renewing IMTA;
- Copy of valid IMTA;
- Proof of payment of DKP-TKA through an appointed Bank;
- Copy of valid RPTKA;
- Color photograph size 4 x 6 cm with red background;
- Copy of work agreement or employment agreement;
- Copy of proof of salary / wages of foreign workers;
- Copy of NPWP for foreign worker;
- Proof of the TKA insurance policy;
- Copy of membership proof to join the national social security program (BPJS Kesehatan) for foreign workers who work more than 6 (six) months;
- Copy of letter of appointment of Indonesian Worker (for non-Directors / Commissioners);
- Report on the realization of the implementation of education and training of companion TKI in the framework of technology transfer (for non-Directors / Commissioners); and
- Recommendation of positions to be occupied from technical institutions in accordance with the regulations applicable in the relevant technical agencies (if required).
Please be noted, conducting the IMTA renewal process no later than 30 (thirty) working days before the IMTA expires. IMTA is valid for 1 (one) year and can be extended in accordance with the validity period of RPTKA.
How Can Elson Help You?
ELSON Indonesia is a company that focus on providing comprehensive legal solution for expatriates, foreigner, and mixed marriage couple in Indonesia.
Author: TC – DA / LR