For foreign citizens or foreign workers who work and stay in Indonesia (even married) who want to take care of permanent residence (ITAP), may wonder what are the requirements and how the procedure is. ITAP can be obtained by converting the status of Limited Stay Permit (ITAS) and submitted to the Head of the Immigration Office whose working area covers the residence of the foreigner who submits.

Converting the Status of Limited Stay Permit to permanent residence permit may be granted to foreigners classified as follows:

  1. ITAS holder as clerk, worker, investor, elderly;
  2. Families because of mixed marriage;
  3. Husbands, wives or children of foreigners holding Permanent Stay Permit;
  4. Ex-children of Indonesian and foreign double men who choose to be foreign citizens; and
  5. Indonesian citizens who have lost Indonesian citizenship in the territory of Indonesia.

ITAP is granted by the Head of the Immigration Office to foreigners residing in the work area of ​​the Immigration Office, and is only granted to a foreign national passport holder, for a maximum period of 5 (five) years and may be extended. ITAP Card Submission (KITAP) can be done either with corporate sponsor or spouse (wife / husband).

If the sponsor is a wife, you can submit the ITAS to ITAP after the age of your marriage reaches 2 (two) years. Here are the requirements needed to be prepared before applying for converting ITAS status to ITAP:

  1. Letter of application;
  2. Stamped guarantee letter;
  3. Photocopy of identity card of the guarantor;
  4. Certificate of the applicant’s domicile from the kelurahan;
  5. Valid National Passport, Visa and landing stamp (in passport); and
  6. Marriage certificate;

The renewal of ITAP can be submitted no later than 3 (three) months before the ITAP expires.

How can ELSON help you?
ELSON Indonesia is a company that focus on providing comprehensive legal solution for expatriates, foreigner, and mix marriage couple in Indonesia.

Contact us:
Phone:+62822 1000 9872
Office: +6221 8067 4920

Author :