Expatriate who has resided in Indonesia for more than 183 days within 12 (twelve) months becomes a tax subject and is required by law to register for taxpayer identification.
Foreign private individual or expatriate who has resided in Indonesia for more than 183 (one hundred and eighty-three) days within 12 (twelve) months becomes a tax subject and is required by law to register for taxpayer identification. Other than that, taxpayer identification number becomes mandatory for any expatriate who works in Indonesia for more than six months. Expatriate as private individual taxpayer is divided into two types: private individual taxpayer who does not conduct business activity (employee) and private individual taxpayer who conducts business (businessman).
Expatriate as an employee will be required to submit a copy of his/her passport and stay permit (KITAS/KITAP). Meanwhile for expatriate who conducts business activity or a director of a company in Indonesia, they also need to submit copy of theircompany’s business licenses or a statement letter of a place where their business takes place from local authority or electricity bill.
Expatriate may register for taxpayer identification though online or walk-in registration in the Foreign Corporate & Individual (Badora) Tax Service Office.
- Online Registration
- Create an account using your e-mail to enable accessing the online registration form and uploading the required documents for registration. Fill in the account registration using your e-mail address, Check your inbox to verify your e-mail and you will be directed to account registration page to fill in your account profile and follow the steps to activate your account.
- After activating your account, go to e-Registration page to fill in the Registration Form and then send the required documents to tax service office in the area of your residence.
- The required documents can be uploaded through the e-Registration application or by postal mail to your selected tax service office for the latter the documents must be received no later than 14 working days after the online registration.
- The tax service office then will send a Receipt electronically and issue your Taxpayer identification card and Tax Registration Certificate one day after issuance of Receipt which will be sent through registered postal mail to your address.
- Walk-In Registration
- Go to tax service office and fill in the Taxpayer Registration Form available in the office and attach the required documents.
- After completing the Taxpayer Registration Form, submit the Form to the tax officer you will be issued a Receipt upon the completion and acceptance of the Form and the required documents.
- Your Taxpayer identification card and Tax Registration Certificate will be issued one day after issuance of Receipt which will be sent through registered postal mail to your address.
Registration for taxpayer identification number can be done online by filling e-Registration application available in Directorate General of Taxes website www.pajak.go.id on e-Registration menu under DPJ Online.
Taxpayer may register for taxpayer identification number in local tax service office in the Foreign Corporate & Individual (Badora) Tax Service Office. Before going to tax service office, make sure that the applicant of theirproxy bring all of the required documents and prepare the copies.
How can ELSON help you?
ELSON Indonesia is a company that focus on providing comprehensive legal solution for expatriates, foreigner, and mixed marriage couple in Indonesia.
Phone: 0819 3274 1 333
Editor: Latifah Kusumawardani